These pancakes are out of this worrrlldd!! Inspired by Deliciously Ella:
Makes about 9 pancakes:
1 cup pumpkin
1 cup plant milk
1 1/4 cup brown rice flour (or ground oats / any GF flour)
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
Use non-stick pan preferably or use light coconut or avocado oil for greasing
- Mix together wet ingredients and cinnamon
- Gently stir flour until well combined
- Fold in chocolate chips
- On medium heat, place about 1/3 cup of batter for a pancake and spread into pancake shape with a spoon
- Flip after about 2 minutes
- Serve warm with berries and real maple syrup 🙂
Perfect Protein Pancakes
As the sun comes, up he rises. He carefully places a tender kiss on her cheek, and makes his way to the kitchen. While the pan is sizzling, the sweet smell of fresh pancakes tickle her nose. She tip-toes to the kitchen and slowly hugs him from behind. He laughs and squeezes her hand. They take their plates to the back porch, watching the wind over the water while her legs lay over his.
Give love this national pancake weekend ❤ That is just one of my zillions of fantasies / ideas for a recipe video series one day. I hope you try these. I have honestly never been so pleasantly surprised with a finished product. Eggless and flour-less, I was expecting something dense. These are light, and cakey, like all famous pancakes should be.
Makes about 6 pancakes, serves 2-3. One serving (2 pancakes) has about 345 calories and 10 grams of protein.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, soaked in 6 tablespoons water, (or try soaking in plant milk)
- 2 perfectly ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup cooked white quinoa
- 1 – 1 1/4 cup rolled oats, ground into flour
- 4-5 dashes of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup blueberries (I used dried) and 1/2 banana for topping
- Stir the chia seeds into water and allow it to sit until it forms a gel
- Grind oats into a flour
- Mash bananas in a large bowl
- Add quinoa, chia gel, oat flour, cinnamon, vanilla, and baking soda to the bowl. Mix until well combined
- Spread coconut oil over skillet on medium heat
- Form pancakes with 1/3 cup, place blueberries and sliced bananas on top of pancakes, and flip when ready to flip. It is ok to spread them so they are round but try not to squish / flatten them.
- Serve with maple syrup and hugs ❤
Nutrient Breakdown: Based on 1 dried blueberry and banana pancake without syrup
When it looks like all you’ve got for breakfast is unripe bananas…
… you can still create something warm, moist, ooey sweet chewiness, satisfying, and healthy. The story behind these beautiful banana bakedness is, well I’ve been doing a lot of fitness lately and I was pretty hungry this morning.. all I had around was unripe bananas and 3 dates. I was like, man, if I’m gonna eat these nanas, I gotta cook em! We don’t have a baking pan ( I was thinking maybe banana bread ) so I made banana cookie pancake things!
What you’ll need:
- 2 large bowls
- a large spoon
- a large fork
- a stovetop
- a nonstick frying pan
- 5 bananas (obviously I recommend ripe…)
- 3 dates
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (quick oats)
- 1/2 cup ground flax
- Wet ingredients: mash the bananas and ooey gooey dates in a bowl together until mostly smooth and well combined. I recommend adding a dash of vanilla extract if you’ve got it!
- Dry ingredients: mix oatmeal, ground flax, and baking soda until well distributed. I also added about a tablespoon of cinnamon, but up to you! Also, 1/4 cup of carob chips, chopped nuts, and/or fresh fruit like blueberries would have been divine additions!!
- Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Add water or non-dairy milk to get the consistency you want. (For thinner pancakes, use more water or non-dairy milk, for really thick pancakes, only add a little or none at all) Mix well.
- In-between heat settings 3 and 4 ( low – medium heat ) heat up frying pan. Use about 1/3 of a cup of batter for each pancake. Flip when pancake has risen and slides on pan.
- Serve with a dollop of your favorite preserves (or maple syrup if you’ve got it 🙂
Cherry Garcia Banana Pancakes?! MMMMMMMMMMmmmmm HMMMmmmm !!!!! 😛
I made these with my friend James Wallace (meat loving runner 😉 ) and he thought they were pretty impressive! We are both so lazy and cheap (as are all college students, honestly) and it was awesome that we could make something so yummy for dinner with cooking and clean up taking less than like, what 10-15 minutes?
Here’s what I used:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups Namaste gluten free waffle/pancake mix
- about 3/4 +ish cups of water
- one 10 oz bag of frozen cherries
- about 1/4 cup carob powder (add more to taste)
- Let cherries thaw out and mash bananas in a large bowl until smooth and combine and mash cherries to desired chunky consistency.
- Stir in water, pancake mix, and carob
- Set flat top skillet to about 300 and using a 1/4 cup measure, make them pancakes sizzle! No oil necessary! Feel free to eat slightly undercooked if you want, no eggs to worry about!
- Savor in good health 🙂