Like soft, sweet, mushy, crunchy, oatmeal raisin cookies??!?
Me too. :)… more like cookie dough balls… even better.
These are the easiest, healthiest, fastest raw cookie dough deliciousnesses!!
These oatmeal cookies are an incredible source of the essential omega-3 fatty acids, simple and complex carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants, and are gluten free, salt free, dairy free, carcinogen free, and after you savor one for a little dessert, you will feel like flying ❤ .
Essential fatty acids?? Our body needs omega-3 and omega-6 to function and we can’t make them on our own- they have to be obtained from our diet. Our body needs two critical Omega-3 fatty acids, (eicosapentaenoic acid, called EPA and docosahexaenoic or DHA) and walnuts, flax seeds, and hemp seeds, contain an abundance of a precursor omega-3, called alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which the body converts to EPA and DHA. Low omega-3 intake has been linked to depression, inflammation, and decline in cognitive function. Most Americans don’t consume enough omega-3s. Heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids from the walnuts, flax seeds, and hemp seeds, have been shown to improve memory and cognitive function and play a very important role in reducing inflammation (I think lots of chronic diseases America has a problem with are caused by inflammation). Algae, like spirulina, algae oil, and leafy green vegetables also contain omega-3s. In my Lifecycle Nutrition course here at Purdue, we learned that when we are pregnant, we should eat a lot of walnuts- not only do they look like a brain, but babies whose mommies consumed healthy omega-3 fatty acids had children with higher cognitive function!
I used: (approximately, I didn’t measure- literally threw together 20 minutes before teaching Zumba)
Need: any round container (like a bowl) and a fork or spoon
- 2 cups rolled oats (quick oatmeal oats might have soaked it up better?)
- 1/3 cup carob powder (tastes like chocolate! with no stimulating theobromine or caffeine)
- 1/4 cup golden flax meal
- 2 Tbs almond milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 coconut date rolls
- hemp seeds
- Mash bananas and date rolls into almond milk until pretty smooth.
- Sprinkle in the flax meal, carob, and rolled oats and mix well
- Fold in walnuts and raisins
- Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls and roll in hemp seeds
- refrigerate or maybe freeze, if you would like to bake these go for it- Really nice little chewy oatmeal bites though… the oats soak up the banana mix and the raisins get superrr squishyyy. Nom nom!