I have loved attending group fitness classes and practicing yoga since I was in high school. I got to intern with the amazing professional fitness instructor, Sarah McCormack. Now, I have some certifications myself and I’ve been teaching while I go about my studies 🙂 Come twerk out with me at Dance Mania or Zumba, or sooth into your stretches with Yoga Foundations or Restorative Yoga at Purdue’s CoRec! Buy your GroupX pass here!
- Tuesdays 7:30-8:20pm MP7
- This introductory class is your perfect entry point into yoga. Participants will be provided with a variety of intensity options for all yoga poses to improve posture, flexibility and strength. With a focus on breath and alignment, this class will relax the mind, body and soul.
- Thursdays 5:30-6:20pm MP5
- This high-energy dance workout will make you sweat as you learn dance routines choreographed specifically to the words and rhythms of the hottest top 40 hits on the radio. This non-stop, easy-to-follow, cardio dance party will boost your dance skills like never before!
- Thursdays 7:30-8:20pm MP7
- Taking time out each day to relax and renew is essential to living well. Restorative Yoga is a gentle, nurturing, therapeutic style of yoga using props for comfort, stability and balance to ease into various yoga poses. The poses, held comfortably for a prolonged period of time, help you unwind, relax and renew the mind and body. Various breathing, relaxation and meditation techniques are also a part of this class
- Saturdays 11-11:50am MP6
- Ditch the workout and join the party! This Latin-inspired, dance-fitness class incorporates Latin and international music and dance moves, creating a dynamic, exciting, exhilarating and effective workout. This class – known as a “fitness party” – combines fast and slow rhythms of cumbia, merengue,salsa, reggaeton, hip-hop, pop, mambo, rumba, flamenco, calypso and salsaton to help tone and sculpt the body with easy to follow dance moves! No dance experience required.