EPA reports “Every bit of plastic ever made still exists.”
Instead of trippin about the not-so-great realities of today, I’ve decided to take action. There is a lot that we can do to help. Just by upcycling old T-shirts, we are significantly reducing plastic waste.
According to the Center for Biological Diversity Website:
- Fish in the North Pacific ingest 12,000 to 24,000 tons of plastic each year, which can cause intestinal injury and death and transfers plastic up the food chain to bigger fish, marine mammals and human seafood eaters.
- According to Waste Management, only 1 percent of plastic bags are returned for recycling. That means that the average family only recycles 15 bags a year; the rest ends up in landfills as litter
- Americans use 100 billion plastic bags a year, which require 12 million barrels of oil to manufacture.
- The average American family takes home almost 1,500 plastic shopping bags a year.
- At least 267 different species have been affected by plastic pollution in the ocean.
Let’s Do Something About This!
- Make a grocery bag out of an old T shirt
- Take a photo of it
- Upload it to the SUPERHERO CREW FACEBOOK GROUP
- Use your bag and inspire the world