Mmmm ❤ Warming from the inside out. Home for Thanksgiving, and I am beyond grateful for the homemade vegan comfort food that my incredible mother makes. She likes to follow recipes 100% first, and then tweak them here and there.
Butternut Squash Soup
This Creamy Cashew Butternut Squash Soup recipe requires zero tweaking. Absolutely perfect. The only complaint is that it doesn’t make enough! It is SO good. Click here for recipe by Dawn Lerman.
Three Seed Bread
Bob’s Red Mill Three Seed Bread for your bread machine is SO good! You know what Dr. Fuhrman says? The whiter the bread, the closer to dead. The recipe calls for more white flour than whole wheat, but my mom switched it. Here is the recipe she makes:
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup Unbleached White Flour
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup flaxseeds
- 2 Tbsp sunflower kernels
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 Tsp active dry yeast
Add ingredients to bread machine in the order recommended by the bread machine manufacturer and select basic bread cycle. Let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing. Makes 1 loaf.
Maple Balsamic Dressing
This is a Jack Tar steal ❤ If you’re ever around the Boston area, I highly recommend checking it out. Their black bean burger with no cheese and sweet potato fries is my favorite thing ever, and I literally always have that for dinner the first night back from school. They have amazing salads and vegan thai lettuce wraps too! Soo good.
My mom uses this dressing recipe as like pizza sauce to make her gourmet vegan flatbread. It is incredible.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp dried basil
- 2 cups vegetable & olive oil blend
- Blend first six ingredients in blender
- Drizzle oil slowly while blender is on
- Stop and blend
- Add salt and pepper
- Blend and test with lettuce or spinach
Look good, feel good. Honored to have an article published on my fashionable friend: Kelly Schneider’s blog diamondsfordimes where she shows how to make all the latest looks affordable. Check it out! Thinking about my love for fashion, I am reminded of the dark side. The perfectionist part of me that always wished my waist was smaller and my boobs were bigger.. anyone out there relate? Let’s love ourselves in our own skin! Gawd Dangit!
6 Tips to Positive Self Talk:
Here are some tips to turn off those thoughts going off in our heads that are just, unnecessary. Since I began making these simple changes, I have been feeling more free and beautiful everyday. I hope that you feel the same.
- Notice Negativity: The first step to replacing negative thoughts with positive ones is noticing the negative thoughts in the first place. Those thoughts we throw around casually, “This sucks”, “I’m so dumb.” We all do it. Once we notice it happening, we can harness it and change how we think, “I am growing and learning from my mistakes.”
- Get the Gratitude Attitude: Instead of thinking about what we don’t have, let’s focus on what we do Try thinking through things to be grateful for when the negative thoughts come.
- The Opinion That Matters: The approval from others may seem important, but actually the approval from that we give ourselves is what really matters. The opinions of others will always change, but our opinions of ourselves will last a lifetime.
- Embrace Uniqueness: Remember in middle school when all we wanted was to fit in? Well, in adulting, only the standouts are the successful ones. Embrace what makes you special and use it to your advantage. Only after doing this can we create the best version of ourselves.
- Practice Self Care: Eating healthily, keeping good hygiene habits, and doing physical activity that we enjoy regularly will effortlessly add up to a positive outlook on life.
- Are your peeps positive? Notice the influence of others; it is easy to chime in when people are complaining. Try to be that one voice that says, “hey, things really aren’t all that bad, I’m not going to let that ruin my day.”
Fashion is nothing without a healthy body to show it off. I hope this article helped you to take control of your health and well being to shine every day in your own beautiful way. ❤