Perfect Protein Pancakes
As the sun comes, up he rises. He carefully places a tender kiss on her cheek, and makes his way to the kitchen. While the pan is sizzling, the sweet smell of fresh pancakes tickle her nose. She tip-toes to the kitchen and slowly hugs him from behind. He laughs and squeezes her hand. They take their plates to the back porch, watching the wind over the water while her legs lay over his.
Give love this national pancake weekend ❤ That is just one of my zillions of fantasies / ideas for a recipe video series one day. I hope you try these. I have honestly never been so pleasantly surprised with a finished product. Eggless and flour-less, I was expecting something dense. These are light, and cakey, like all famous pancakes should be.
Makes about 6 pancakes, serves 2-3. One serving (2 pancakes) has about 345 calories and 10 grams of protein.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, soaked in 6 tablespoons water, (or try soaking in plant milk)
- 2 perfectly ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup cooked white quinoa
- 1 – 1 1/4 cup rolled oats, ground into flour
- 4-5 dashes of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup blueberries (I used dried) and 1/2 banana for topping
- Stir the chia seeds into water and allow it to sit until it forms a gel
- Grind oats into a flour
- Mash bananas in a large bowl
- Add quinoa, chia gel, oat flour, cinnamon, vanilla, and baking soda to the bowl. Mix until well combined
- Spread coconut oil over skillet on medium heat
- Form pancakes with 1/3 cup, place blueberries and sliced bananas on top of pancakes, and flip when ready to flip. It is ok to spread them so they are round but try not to squish / flatten them.
- Serve with maple syrup and hugs ❤
Nutrient Breakdown: Based on 1 dried blueberry and banana pancake without syrup