Happy Sunday! This scramble is savory, satisfying, easy, and CHEAP! Use produce from your farmers market ❤ Inspired by Minimalist Baker’s tofu scramble… I invite you to take this as inspiration and run with it using whatever vegan goodies are in your kitchen to create something that makes you love yourself from the inside out feeling relaxed, cozy, and grateful :-*
- 1 cup chickpeas (cooked from dry, no salt or fat added)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium-small sized potato, cubed
- 1 leaf lacinato kale, rolled up and sliced thin
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh green onion
- Extra love ❤
- Dry chick peas triple in size when you soak them so make sure they have plenty of water and plenty of room to grow when you saturate them and soak them for about 6 hours or over night. Drain chick peas, rinse, and boil them for about 30 minutes or until desired softness
- Frying pan on medium to high heat, have water handy. Add a little water (enough so the potatoes don’t stick) and the cubed potatoes and mix to prevent sticking. Add water as needed
- After the potatoes have gotten a little soft, add red bell peppers. Continue mixing and adding water if needed
- Add kale, scallion, and dill and mix.
- Measure 1 cup of chick peas and add those to the pan.
- Serve with 2 cups mixed greens, 1/4 avocado and plenty of lemon or lime (the vitamin C in the citrus and the red bell pepper helps absorb all the non-heme iron!! 😀 )