HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!
Shake Soft Serve! This is way too thick and creamy to fit through a straw! Mmm.. Made homemade ice cream before? Growing up, my family had an ice cream maker and we would make it all the time. White sugar, heavy cream, takes about a half hour in the freezer bowl. This is so healthy, so quick, and it barely costs anything. Much more delicious alternative to a shamrock shake too.
- Make sure bananas are ripe and peeled before you freeze them
- Chop chocolate chips
- Wash, de-stem kale
- Measure ingredients roughly
You will need…
- Food Processor
- Rubber spatula
- Giant bowl
- Hungry tummies
- 5 frozen bananas
- 7 fresh kale leaves
- 7 fresh mint leaves
- a dash of vanilla
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Peel and freeze bananas
Bananas: Make sure you wait until they are spotted brown, you absorb more nutrients and get a sweeter banana!
- Potassium: essential for maintaining proper heart function and regulating normal blood pressure
- Vitamin B6: important for amino acid metabolism
- Vitamin C: antioxidant, boosts your immune system
- Fiber: great for digestion helps regularity and fullness
- Reduce Stress: they are high in the amino acid tryptophan, which converts into the feel good neurotransmitter serotonin in your brain
- Hangover cure: because alcohol depletes nutrients like potassium and bananas help to replenish that
- Kale and greens goes in the food processor or blender first! Then bananas on top of greens
Kale: wash, dry, and de-stem before adding to the food processor.
- Fiber- regularity and satiety. GI health, fullness
- Calcium- Connie Weaver’s study 9/11 subjects better available calcium from kale!
- Vitamin E – fat soluble antioxidant
- Vitamin K – blood health
- Process until smooth, adding water or non-dairy milk as necessary or desired
- Fold in chopped chocolate chips
Chocolate: Cacao powder has beneficial antioxidants and iron!