I know, Black Bean Brownies?! EW Right?! I was honestly really nervous about these but they ended up being WAY BETTER than ANY BROWNIE EVER!
I just had an incredible gluten free vegan dinner date with three of the sweetest dietetics students! They LOVED these brownies that Chef AJ inspired me to make. Want delicious food that you can eat eat eat and still be slim and feel amazing after? Well Chef AJ and Registered Dietitian Julieanna Hever have got the recipes you need! These are so decadent and moist. I recommend serving with cold banana nice cream. Fresh brownies out the oven, fresh frozen bananas on top. OOoo baby you gotta try this!!
These brownies are REAL FOOD! None of this refined flours, sugars or oils making you go crazy. These are virtually fat free with a great source of omega-3 essential fatty acids from the flax. I love the stable blood sugar keeping me fueled with carbs that are mixed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Black beans- great source of protein and iron. Oatmeal is basically the cholesterol sucker. Dates- the potassium and fiber filled candy. And antioxidant rich cocoa?! Heck- I’ll eat the whole &^%^& pan!!!
Unprocessed Black Bean Brownies and Chocolate Soft Serve– gluten free, sugar free, dairy free, flour free, almost fat-free, nutrient dense ❤
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 1/2 cup dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup cacao or carob powder
- 2 Tbs flax ground
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- optional: 1/3 cup vegan gluten free chocolate or carob chips, or chopped nuts!
(I just threw all of the ingredients into my friends Ninja food processor, but I’m sure doing it this way would work well to ensure smoothness)
- Grind oatmeal in a food processor until smooth
- Add dates and black beans until smooth, adding in water or non-dairy milk if necessary to create a smooth, well blended consistency
- Add in the ground oats and the rest of the ingredients except optional topping and blend until smooth
- EAT ENTIRE BOWL OF BROWNIE BATTER
- ..just kidding..well, you could! Haha for brownies though: Spread brownie batter into a parchment paper lined, or sprayed with cooking spray, brownie pan and sprinkle chocolate chips or nuts on top. Nuts would have also been really good folded throughout the batter for a nice crunch
- Bake at 350 F until desired ooeyness ❤
- Serve with Monica’s Chocolate Banana Soft Serve:
- 1-2 frozen bananas
- 2-3 Tbs unsweetened almond milk
- 2-3 Tbs cocoa powder
- optional 1 Tbs flax or walnuts or more chocolate chips!
- Blend in food processor or Vitamix until smooth!