When it looks like all you’ve got for breakfast is unripe bananas…
… you can still create something warm, moist, ooey sweet chewiness, satisfying, and healthy. The story behind these beautiful banana bakedness is, well I’ve been doing a lot of fitness lately and I was pretty hungry this morning.. all I had around was unripe bananas and 3 dates. I was like, man, if I’m gonna eat these nanas, I gotta cook em! We don’t have a baking pan ( I was thinking maybe banana bread ) so I made banana cookie pancake things!
What you’ll need:
- 2 large bowls
- a large spoon
- a large fork
- a stovetop
- a nonstick frying pan
- 5 bananas (obviously I recommend ripe…)
- 3 dates
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (quick oats)
- 1/2 cup ground flax
- Wet ingredients: mash the bananas and ooey gooey dates in a bowl together until mostly smooth and well combined. I recommend adding a dash of vanilla extract if you’ve got it!
- Dry ingredients: mix oatmeal, ground flax, and baking soda until well distributed. I also added about a tablespoon of cinnamon, but up to you! Also, 1/4 cup of carob chips, chopped nuts, and/or fresh fruit like blueberries would have been divine additions!!
- Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Add water or non-dairy milk to get the consistency you want. (For thinner pancakes, use more water or non-dairy milk, for really thick pancakes, only add a little or none at all) Mix well.
- In-between heat settings 3 and 4 ( low – medium heat ) heat up frying pan. Use about 1/3 of a cup of batter for each pancake. Flip when pancake has risen and slides on pan.
- Serve with a dollop of your favorite preserves (or maple syrup if you’ve got it 🙂