Making these, Sweet Potato Quinoa Burgers, and Mom’s Vegan Blueberry Cornbread at the
Vegan Americanna Demo
CoRec Demo Kitch, Purdue University!
September 8th 7-8pm!
Sign up asap!!!
Check out this recipe on video here!!
- 1 head of cauliflower (mine was small-medium-ish size)
Recipe: BBQ Cauliflower Wings
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total time: 35 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Serve with Ranch Dressing.
You will need…
- Baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Large fork
- Rubber spatula
- Mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- Paring knife
- 1 cup water or non-dairy milk
- 1 cup flour (any kind will work, even gluten free!)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into pieces
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (or buffalo or any hot sauce)
- Measure out ingredients
- Set up cutting board with cauliflower and paring knife
- Set up baking pan with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Combine the water or non-dairy milk, flour, and garlic powder in a bowl and stir until well combined
- Coat the cauliflower pieces with the slower mixture and place on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes (until cauliflower is cooked and breading looks crispy)
- Let cauliflower cool about 5 minutes and then fold them in a bowl with BBQ sauce
- Bake another 5-8 minutes on parchment paper.
- Serve with vegan ranch dressing and celery sticks.
Recipe adapted from http://www.peta.org/living/food/spicy-buffalo-cauliflower-wings/
Homemade BBQ Sauce (FREE OF ADDED COLOR, FLAVOR, THICKENERS AND PRESERVATIVES!) any sauce you want works though, try your favorite vegan buffalo sauce for buffalo wings.
- 3/4 cup coconut nectar
- 2 1/2 cup dates (soaked if not soft)
- 2 cups sundried tomato (s0aked)
- 1 cup fresh tomato
- 2 1/2 cup water (sundried tomato water)
- 1/2 Tbs garlic
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 cup onion powder
- 1 Tbs salt
- 1 Tbs chipotle powder
Blend in a high speed blender until smooth.