After my first lick of this ice cream I said out loud…
“I AM A GENIUS.”
Impeccable amount of ginger, sweetness, and green tea. The absolute palate cleansing dessert or, indulge, like me, in this for a post workout lunch!
I love green tea and have been reading more and more benefits about it.
Green Tea (matcha):
- is the least oxidized and fermented non-herbal tea, so it contains the most antioxidants
- contains a nice amount of caffeine (less than coffee or black tea, more than herbal tea)
- is used traditionally in Chinese medicine to help with immune function, brain cell protection, blood sugar regulation, metabolism, aging, blood pressure, and many other health issues
Ginger is so warm, aromatic, enlightening, and soothing. The health benefits to ginger are also endless as well.
- is a powerful digestive aid: In herbal medicine, ginger is regarded as an excellent carminative (a substance which promotes the elimination of intestinal gas) and intestinal spasmolytic (a substance which relaxes and soothes the intestinal tract), also helps with nausea (hence the ginger ale mom and dad gave you when you had an upset tummy)
- I sent my sister (who has Ulcerative Colitis) this interesting study with ginger and inflammation of the colon:
A study carried out at the University of Michigan Medical School found that Ginger Root Supplement administered to volunteer participants reduced inflammation markers in the colonwithin a month.
The study was published in the journal Cancer Prevention Research.
Experts say that inflammation of the colon is a precursor to colon cancer. Co-researcher Suzanna M. Zick, N.D., M.P.H., explained that by reducing inflammation in the colon a person reduces their risk of developing colon cancer.
Zick said “We need to apply the same rigor to the sorts of questions about the effect of ginger root that we apply to other clinical trial research. Interest in this is only going to increase as people look for ways to prevent cancer that are nontoxic, and improve their quality of life in a cost-effective way.”
- helps too sooth migraines
- warms from the inside out
- boosts the immune system
- clears the sinuses (great to make tea out of if you have a stuffy nose!
- too many benefits- I don’t have all day!!!
- incredible vegan source of biologically available and easily digested protein, hemp seeds contain all 10 essential amino acids
- incredible vegan source of essential omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids
- rich in plant based phytonutrients and antioxidants, such as vitamin E
- contain an array of minerals like zinc, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, and iron
The Mastermind Mix:
- 1 heaping Tbs fresh roughly chopped peeled ginger
- 1-2 Tbs hulled hemp seeds
- 1 serving packet of matcha green tea powder (like $1.00 each packet at Sunspot)
- 3 ripe peeled and frozen bananas (freeze for at least 6 hours)
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- water as needed to not break your blender or food processor
1. Using a food processor S blade, or high power blender, put in the ginger, hemp seeds, and mango chunks
2. Sprinkle in the green tea powder I like to put this in the middle so it doesn’t get stuck to the bottom of the container, but no biggie
3. Break up bananas into fourths and throw in container
4. Blend until smooth
5. Take a lick and you are a genius!