Happy Valenitne‘s Day!
Hope to see you at my:
RAW VEGAN DESSERTS DEMONSTRATION
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE – BLACK FOREST CHERRY BROWNIES – COCONUT MACAROONS – ICE CREAM DREAM
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 7-8PM COREC DEMO KITCHEN
RESERVE YOUR SPOT AT MEMBER SERVICES OR CALL 765-494-3110 🙂
Now, let’s make some LOVEcakes
Modify this to your liking- I NEVER bake!
Just something I made up with the ingredients I had…
…inspiration and love energy help too 🙂
A day of spoiling and indulgence
A day of turning off that ego-
all of our imperfections are perfect
A day of spreading the love
Valentine’s Day.. Time to go all out!! These little loving cupcake bites are healthy, satisfying, decadent, and ooey gooey moist! Can’t wait to share them ❤ :-* MWAH!
Makes about 18 mini lovecakes ❤
The Red Velvet:
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas (rinsed and drained) or 3/4 to 1 cup cooked chickpeas (If using dried chickpeas: rinse and soak dried chickpeas- saturate them fully in filtered water and cover. Place in the refrigerator overnight. Pour soaked chickpeas with soaking water into a pot and bring to a boil. Once brought to a boil, reduce heat to medium and let simmer for at least an hour, add water as necessary. Rinse and measure 3/4-1 cup.)
- 1/2 C almond butter (or any nut butter- I prefer unsalted)
- 1/3 C natural sweetener (coconut nectar, agave, maple syrup, raw honey, try dates! 🙂 )
- 1/3 C gluten free baking flour (try oatmeal, or whatever flour you like!)
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp humalayan pink salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 C vegan carob or chocolate chips, or cacao nibs- might want to add more sweetener if using bitter nibs!)
- 2 Tbs chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbs beet juice
- 1 cooked beet
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (vanilla flavor is nice, I like almond milk)
- 1-2 Tbs golden flax meal (dissolved in beet juice and non-dairy milk
The Rocky Road:
- 1 T natural sweetener (optional- if using cacao nibs / unsweetened chips maybe)
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional- if using sweetened chocolate chips, or to taste)
- 2 T chopped walnuts
- 1 T cacao nibs, carob, or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line mini muffin tray with muffin liners (I really like the brand “If You Care”)
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except the chopped walnuts, and chocolate chips until batter is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. Super delicious to nom with a spoon just like this!!!
- Spoon about 1 Tbs of batter into each muffin liner. Combine rocky road ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Dollop each lovecake with a touch of rocky road. Bake for about 20 minutes. May look underdone- but rather be moist and ooey than dried out! Also- no scary ingredients in here to worry about being undercooked! Can be eaten raw! 😀
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before indulging!