Deep Dish Mexican Inspiration Pizza and Guacamole! The crust, so flakey, light, and crisp! Absolutely delishh with a nice bite of warm refried beans and soy cheeze with cooling, crunchy, flavor-filled veggies!!
Jesse has infinite passion and excitement. He wants nothing more than to share his zest for life- inspiring others. Such a positive light to be around, Jewish Jesse made a beautiful Shabbat dinner for his friends and I. Jesse, the rock-climbing vegetarian, views fears as opportunities. “The more something scares you, the better the opportunity.”
I connected with Jesse in so many ways! He reminded me so much of myself in his mission to find and pursue his purpose on this planet. He, too wants to be the best, happiest, and most passionate version of himself.
(No, there is no pot growing in that hydroponic! Lots of yummy herbs though! 🙂 )
After being on our parents’ path for so long (high school, college…) it is time for us to listen to our hearts, and follow our own paths. What that might be, it is up to us. Let it be challenging, scary, and let everyday be the f&^%ing best day you could ever imagine. It can happen… It is happening right now 🙂 You can get inspired by Jesse by visiting his brand new website at www.themoderncitizen.wordpress.com. He climbs, and composts 😀
For the pizza!?! :
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil (or substitute with apple sauce)
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 Tbs white sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/ 45 degrees C)
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water.
- Spread out on a greased and floured deep dish pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20-25 minutes, or until just golden perfection 🙂
Up to you!! This is what we did:
- Refried beans spread out on the bottom
- shredded daiya cheese (then put back in the oven for a minute to melt the cheese a little)
- organic frozen corn, thawed
- diced tomato
- diced bell pepper
- cilantro, chopped
- guacamole (on the side to dip the crust in, or to dollop on top 😛 NOM!
- eat mindfully! Shabbot Shalom!
- 3 avocados
- 1 lime, squeezed for juice
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and minced
- Mash avocados with lime juice to form a smooth consistency
- Fold in the tomato, bell pepper, cilantro, garlic, and jalapeno
- Mix well and be merry! Mmmm Mmm MMMMMmmm!