Wake up slow- and enjoy the sweet cinnamony goodness that it the ooey gooey delicious cinnamon bun! Can you taste the aroma?! SPOILED
For the Dough:
- 1 cup raw rolled oats
- 1/2-2/3 cup flax seeds (we used brown but golden would have given a nice color contrast!)
- 4-6 shakes of cinnamon
- 1 T vanilla powder
- 3/4 T lacuma
- 1/4 cup pecans
- appx. 10 dates (we didn’t soak but I suggest you soak!)
- 1/2 cup of soaking water (be careful with the water, can always add more! Just enough to make doughy!
In a high speed blender, blend the rolled oats into a flour and pour into a large bowl. Next, grind the flax seeds in the blender into a flax meal flour and pour with oats. Shake cinnamon into bowl. Pour this dry mix into food processor. Add vanilla powder, lacuma, pecans, dates and water. Be careful with the water, add enough for a nice moist dough, not too dry, not muchy!
For the Sweet Sticky Cinnamony Filling:
- appx. 6 dates (soaked)
- fill up to 3-4 cups with soaked dried turkish apricots and soaked raisins
- use your judgement with the amount of soaking water added, we didn’t soak our dried fruit, so we added a lot of water, maybe add 1/4 cup if necessary? Should be a nice gooey paste
- 10+ish shakes of cinnoman!
Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender- here used vitamix with tamper, maybe food processor would be better to make a nice thick goo?
Flour a cutting board lightly using coconut flour so the dough doesn’t stick. Then spread out dough into a rectangle. Next, pour ooey gooey cinnamon deliciousness and spread over the rectangle dough. With a dish of water close by, slowly roll rectangle, adding water to the outside if it cracks with fingers. Spread with water as needed. Once in a roll, let set in freezer for about 30 minutes or in the refrigerator about 45 minutes to an hour before cutting. While that’s setting, make your icing!
- 1/4ish cups water (preferred fresh coconut water)
- 2/3ish cups coconut flakes (preferred fresh coconut meat)
- 1.5 fresh ripe organic peaches
- pinch of himalayan sea salt
- 1.5 tspish / to taste vanilla extract
- sweetener to taste (maple syrup, coconut nectar, whatever you like!)
Throw it all in the blender and blend, blend, blend! Chop up the rest of that 1/2 peach and drizzle delisiousness on top! Everybody has a Sunday 🙂 Even Superheroes!