In preparation for my first demonstration at Sunspot Natural Market, I practiced making this amazing recipe!! I (living in a sorority, using a tiny kitchenette that I have clearly successfully taken over 😉 ) don’t own measuring cups! Just goes to show- you really can’t go wrong with raw foods!! You sold yet?! No? I guess you haven’t tried this!
- 1/2 lb raw walnuts (soaked overnight) Vitamin E- Brain
- 1 C medjool dates (soaked minutes) Antioxidants- Anti Aging
- 2 T shredded coconut (optional) Lauric Acid- Anti Aging
Mix in food processor and then form into pie pan.
- 1 lb raw cashews (soaked 2 hours) Magnesium- Stress Relief
- 1/2 C raw agave Inulin- Cardiovascular (I used coconut nectar)
- 3/4 C coconut oil Lauric Acid – Anti-Aging
- 1/2 C water Oxygen- Cell Respiration
- 1 t vanilla extract Vanilloid- Aphrodisiac
- 1/2 t himalayan salt Electrolytes- Nerves
- 1/2 C chopped strawberries Antioxidants– Anti-Aging
Blend and pour into pie crust.
- 1/4 C raw agave Inulin- Cardiovascular (I used coconut nectar)
- 1/2 C coconut oil Lauric Acid- Anti Aging
- 1/2 C raw cacao powder Magnesium- Stress Relief
Hand mix and pour on top.
Garnish with fresh berries!
Filling: (could use high speed blender if you have one)
Topping (could have just stirred by hand, would have been easy)
From “Natural Vibrant Health Raw Food” By, Kendell Reichhart, Holistic Health Counselor & Nutritional Consultant and Brian Hetrich, Certified Nutritional Counselor
The following benefits may be derived from coconut products such as young coconut flesh, coconut cream, and coconut oil:
- They improve digestion and absorption of fat-soluble vitamins and amino acids
- They are valuale to the immune system as they contain healthy antiviral, antifungal, and antimicrobial saturated fatty acids, helping to naturally fight off viruses, bacteria, and fungal overgrowth
- They improve the absorption of the right kinds of calcium and magnesium ions
- They consist of 90+ percent raw saturated fat- a rare and important building block of every cell in the human body. Unlike long-chain saturated animal fats (that have been associated with creating poor health), the saturated fat in coconut oil is in the form of medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs). MCFAs support the immune system, the thyroid gland, the nervous system, the skin, and provide fast energy.
- They contain powerful antioxidants in the form of raw saturated fats and oils. Coconut oil contains the most lauric acid (a powerful antiviral substance) of any plant source.
- They help the body use the essential fatty acids (omega-3, omega-6) and other fatty acids and phospholipids (e.g. choline, lecithin, etc.) more efficiently. You can and should take coconut oil at the same time as omega-3 fatty acids or superfoods rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as hempseed, marine phytoplankton powder, AFA, algae, etc. Coconut oil and omega-3 fatty acids are twice as effective when taken together as when alone.
- They help regulate and support healthy hormone production
- They are a nutritional precursor to the anti-aging hormone compound known as pregnenolone
- They increase the speed of the thyroid, thus allowing the body to drop excess weight and accumulated toxins. Contrary to some previously held beliefs, coconut cannot be stored in the body as fat, it actually needs to be burned up on the spot, which helps fire up our excess fat burning metabolism immediately.
- They help displace toxic hydrogenated trans-fatty acids (partially hydrogenated soybean oil)
- They restore natural saturated fat levels to the skin, subcutaneous fat layers, and to the individual cell membranes. The saturated fats in coconut products are also vital for the health of growing nervous systems in children.
“Superfoods” By David Wolfe