This Pad Thai Recipe is from Megan Elizabeth! The amazing Mallory Rotondo and I both agree that it is SO good!!!!! So refreshingly light and satisfying. The perfect combination of tangy and sweet with a warm ginger sesame, creamy feel. Fine dining is all I do these days apparently!
Ginger Citrus Noodles Blender or Food Processor; I didn’t measure anything, and it turned out just fine 🙂
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup coconut meat
- ½ cup (measured not chopped) fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions (I didn’t have scallions)
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 big sage leaves
- chopped ginger- slice the size of a quarter, chopped little
- 1 ½ Tbs of raw tahini (I used ground raw sesame seeds)
Pad Thai Noodles
- ½ cup of spiralized or shredded carrots (we didn’t have any carrot)
- ½-1/3 small red pepper sliced as thin as possible (Mallory diced- I liked the bite of pepper!)
- 3 ½ – 4 cups of spiralized zucchini
- put all noodles in a big bowl together
- blend all dressing ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor until creamy
- massage dressing in noodles (maybe let sit to really marinate)
- garnish with lemon twist and cilantro!
- take a deep breath and savor every flavor, then, lick your plate clean! 😛
Think you don’t have what it takes to crack open a coconut?! First of all, if I can do it, you can DEFINITELY do it, and second of all watch how easy it is to open a coconut with a butter knife!
Megan used raw tahini, I am too cheap for that, so I made my own with raw sesame seeds and a coffee grinder! It comes out thick like paste!
Mallory spiralized the zucchini and diced some yellow and red bell peppers!