Ya. Reeses Cups, thats whats up. I freaking LOVE REESES CUPS. Haha, well I did, but listen to me being 100% honest and wise from experience: after having had these and then going back to an actual reeses cup, the store bought packaged guys are bland and simply unexciting. When I splurged on the packaged deal, I was quite disappointed! These are way better!!! They tickle my fancy in such a complex way- intense flavors from the real chocolate and peanut butter simply don’t compare at all to the jargin tasteless packaged poop! Go on, see for yourself!
pg. 183 “The Kind Diet” By, Alicia Silverstone ❤
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance butter (I used coconut butter/oil)
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter (preferably unsweetened and unsalted)
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs or 10 graham cracker squares (preferably naturally sweetened or low in sugar, Health Valley makes a good one)
- 1/4 cup maple sugar or other granulated sweetener (I used a mixture of ground flax and pure maple syrup instead)
- 1 cup grain-sweetened, nondairy chocolate or carob chips
- 1/4 cup soy, rice, or nut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, almonds, or peanuts (I used chopped pecans and walnuts)
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. (If You Care makes unbleached liners from recycled paper.) Set aside. (I used mini liners and put them on a plate for bite sized mini cups 🙂
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and maple sugar and mix well. Remove the mixture from heat. Evenly divide the mixture, approximately 2 tablespoons per cup, among the muffin cups.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in another pan. Stir over medium heat until the chocolate has melted. Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture. Top with chopped nuts. Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours before serving.