Equipment: High Speed Blender
- 2 1/4 pounds (about 4 cups) mango puree >> took me like 4 organic mangos (You might find thai mangos, which are usually dark yellow and flatter than the mangos we are used to seeing. These have an even more intense, tropical, and exotic flavor than more common mangos)>> I used common
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 ounce (about 1 1/4 cups) Irish Moss, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes, drained
- 1 generous cup young coconut meat
- 1 1/4 cups coconut nectar >> I couldn’t find any so I used raw agave..
- 3/4 cup coconut butter/oil, warmed to liquify>>TIP: try and leave in dehydrator over night or something because I waited till last minute and was impatient and ended up pouring it in not completely liquid and there were sporadic little tiny chunks of coconut butter
- Blend 3 large or 4 small very ripe mangos with 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lime juice
- In a high speed blender, add the mango puree, Irish Moss, coconut nectar, and coconut meat and blend until completely smooth. Strain the mixture through a fin chinois or strainer lined with cheesecloth to remove any sediment from the irish moss.>> I didn’t strain, I just rinsed the irish moss plenty, but my blender wasn’t big enough to hold all of this so it was super annoying, I did like 1/3 of the recipe at a time, hope you have a better blender than me!
- With the blender running, slowly pour in the coconut butter/oil and blend until emulsified.>> Put coconut butter in dehydrator OR if you don’t have a dehydrator, but the jar in hot water
- Divide the mousse among 10 to 12 clear glass dishes and refrigerate to set, 3 hours or more.
- 1 1/3 cups young coconut meat
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 1/4 cup young coconut nectar >>Again, I used raw agave
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 6 tablespoons coconut butter/oil, warmed to liquify
- Blend all ingredients except the coconut butter/oil in a high speed blender until smooth
- With the blender running, slowly pour in the coconut butter/oil and blend until emulsified
- Top each dish of chilled mousse with the lime cream and return to the refrigerator to chill and set
- Enjoy in good health!!