My amazing roommate, Mallory Rotondo, is from the most beautiful town called Winsted, or Winchester, Connecticut. Here is also the home of the wonderful Katelyn Bailey, a absolutely wonderful girl who is a good friend of Mallory’s. Katelyn’s family owns the best store EVERR The Health Food Corner. Mal would always tell me about how awesome this place was, and how her best friend’s dad (Katelyn) was cured of disease from switiching to all organic foods. How incredible is that?! I met Mr. and Mrs. Bailey and they are the sweetest people!! And their store BEYOND SWEET. I bought two huuge bags of bulk barley and soft wheat berries and payed $2.35. AMAZING! Look what I made with half of the barley I bought! :
A loaf of Cinnamon Raisin Bread from page 335 “Living On Live Foods” by Alyssa Cohen!!! SO FREAKIN GOOD:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 5 cups sprouted barley
- 1 cup dates, pitted and soaked
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- Grind walnuts in a food processor until fine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for raisins and blend until dough-like
- Add raisins and mix into dough
- Remove from processor and place on mesh dehydrator screen. Form dough into a 2 inch high loaf and dehydrate at 105 degrees for 16-24 hours
- Turn loaf after 8-10 hours
The recipe says breads take a while to dehydrate and to make sure its not mushy in the middle, but i preferred it half dehydrated with a crusty crust and a moist warm middle!! MMM MM MMMMMM can you smell the warm cinnamon?! Who woulda thunk raw living foods could be so luxurious?!