My mother makes RAWDICULOUSLY DELICIOUS vegan banana bread using a regular old banana bread recipe with vegan ingredients! Try it sometime!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease a 9 X 5 inch loaf pan
- 2 cups (4-5 very ripe bananas, mashed)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use apple sauce and/or coconut oil)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ENER-G Egg Replacer with 4 tablespoons water (equivalent to 2 eggs) (necessary? IDK! I think a banana is a great egg replacer so maybe just another banana? Who needs the egg replacer jargin?!
- 3 tablespoons plant based milk (coconut, almond, hemp, soy,)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 tbs sugar mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon
Large bowl-mash nananers, add oil, sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla, and stir to combine
mix in flours baking soda, baking powder, salt, and walnuts. Scrape bottom to combine thoroughly.
Transfer batter into pan. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top. Bake for about an hour until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Then tip out of pan and transfer to cooling rack.
Yield 1 loaf (16 slices)