Can you access p B10 of today’s THE WALL STREET JOURNAL? “Manny Pacquiao vs. the Vegan“>>CLICK!! : Pretty soon the boxer will pass on the burger. He will deny the cheese. He will skip the sushi that he adores, and he will not — as Sylvester Stallone did so memorably and nauseatingly in ‘Rocky’ — break five eggs into a glass, and slurp them down raw.
Instead, the boxer will embrace the quinoa. He will thrill to the avocado and and befriend the almond. He will enjoy the spinach, the tofu, and the $7.95 organic smoothie that bears his not-yet-household name. And on June 9 in Las Vegas, after months of strict vegan training, the undefeated boxer Timothy Bradley Jr. hopes to have the fight of his life — and defeat the world-renowned champion Manny Pacquiao.”Dude, I swear, it’s the most unbelievable feeling ever,'” Bradley said.
It was Thursday morning in New York City, and Bradley, 28, was riding to a news conference in a slick SUV, praising the diet he believes gives him a pronounced advantage in the ring. “The reason I love it so much is that I feel connected to the world,” Bradley said. He was wearing a charcoal gray suit jacket, a purple dress shirt, and jeans. ‘My thoughts are clearer, crisp. I am sharp. Everything is working perfectly — I feel clean. It’s a weird feeling, man. It’s just a weird feeling.”
My group x fitness bud AnnMarie Schiavone >>click!! is SUCH an inspiration! This girl isn’t just a turbo kick instructor and a marathon preparie, but she is a nutrition-knowlegdge goldmine as well!! She teaches a great class here at Purdue and if you don’t click her name now and read her blog, you will be missing out on the greatest advice!
AnnMarie is another force in this world that makes me remember, excellence is not normal! It’s ok to have huge goals and go after them!!
I love it how AnnMarie spreads love for fitness and healthy diet. Not only is she giving work out advice at the trec and with group x participants, but, haha, at lunch yesterday, as her friend Max loaded his, fries was it?, with salt, AnnMarie joked, “have fun with that hypertension when you’re 40! haha!” Something that I would never have the balls to say, (but of course think it!), AnnMarie has no shame in her passion and knowledge for proper nutrition and exercise, and I was happy to see her implementing that knowledge on her friend, who might thank her later for saying something!
You go girl! Keep it up! ❤
My accidental 500 extra calories! :
1 medium sized banana: 105 calories
1 medium sized apple: 126 calories
1 tbs olive oil: 119 calories
1/4 cup walnuts: 193 calories
1/4 cup raisins: 108 calories
I chop these up into oatmeal and over salad or eat as a snack when I’m not even hungry! I have never paid attention to calories before but after my ACE certification training last night we went over nutrition and how to best help participants loose weight: overall fewer calories consumed, more burned. No type of fad diet or removing certain nutrients from ones diet is ever a good idea, if you are looking for long term health and happiness, a healthy lifestyle and consciousness is all that is necessary. I practice a whole foods plant based lifestyle. I don’t use it as a “diet” per say, to loose weight, it is my healthy lifestyle 🙂
BUT I am fascinated about these calorie counts, I believe I have been ingesting WAY more calories than necessary. Like if you actually add up all the calories in the “my eats” you’d be appalled! Not to mention I usually eat a bowl of granola with lots of peanuts, a banana, and soymilk for dessert! Thats another extra 500 right there! I once thought that since I wasn’t eating animal products, I could binge and binge and binge and nothing would effect me! Well gang, a calorie is a calorie, and the food that I eat is actually way more calorie dense then an omnivore’s because it is its whole form, jam packed with nutrients! Although unlikely, plant-basedies like me can get fat too! Now that I realize I don’t need to eat more to meat (haha) my bodies needs, I feel a great calming sense of relief!
CHECK OUT THIS RAWESOME WEB SITE MY FRIEND KARA SHOWED ME!!
Scrounge off of omelet station: spinach, diced tomato, mung bean sprouts, broccoli, and olive oil
Also, a nice bowl of oatmeal with a variety of annoyingly roasted and salted mixed nuts, raisins, and pecans with a couple splashes of original soy milk
All vegan amazingness side dish of iraqi stew with lentil and chick pea, and balsamic portobello mushrooms, and in salad theres falafel, yummy bean sprout dish, and sweet and sour tofu! nom nom happy mardi gras!
ProBar Simply Real Superfood Slam is 380 calories of 100% vegan, non-GMO organic raw ingredients with wheat grass, barley grass, alfalfa powder and raw acai, 11grams protein, 700mg omega 3, this is one heck of a candy bar!!
Urban Market Parfait<3 $3.19 : vanilla soy yogurt, granola, strawberries, blackberries, and pecans
Sweet Satisfaction<3 $Priceless.
vegan chocolate chips, unsweetened organic coconut, whole raw almonds~
Top 11 Health Benefits of Drinking Water
- Lose weight: Drinking water helps you lose weight because it flushes down the by-products of fat breakdown. Drinking water reduces hunger, it’s an effective appetite suppressant so you’ll eat less. Plus, water has zero calories.
- Natural Remedy for Headache: Helps to relieve headache and back pains due to dehydration. Although many reasons contribute to headache, dehydration is the common one.
- Look Younger with Healthier Skin: You’ll look younger when your skin is properly hydrated. Water helps to replenish skin tissues, moisturizes skin and increases skin elasticity.
- Better Productivity at Work: Your brain is mostly made up of water, thus drinking water helps you think better, be more alert and more concentrated.
- Better Exercise: Drinking water regulates your body temperature. That means you’ll feel more energetic when doing exercises. Water also helps to fuel your muscle.
- Helps in Digestion and Constipation: Drinking water raises your metabolism because it helps in digestion. Fiber and water goes hand in hand so that you can have your daily bowel movement.
- Less Cramps and Sprains: Proper hydration helps keep your joints and muscles lubricated, so you’ll less likely get cramps and sprains.
- Less Likely to Get Sick and Feel Healthy:Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu and other ailments like kidney stones and heart attack. Water adds with lemon is used for ailments like respiratory disease, intestinal problems, rheumatism and arthritis etc. In another words one of the benefits of drinking water is that it can improve your immune system.
- Relieves Fatigue: Water is used by the body to help flush out toxins and waste products from the body. If your body lacks water, your heart, for instance, needs to work harder to pump out the oxygenated blood to all cells, so are the rest of the vital organs, your organs will be exhausted and so will you.
- Good Mood: Your body feels very good and that’s why you feel happy.
- Reduce the Risk of Cancer: Related to the digestive system, some studies show that drinking a healthy amount of water may reduce the risks of bladder cancer and colon cancer. Water dilutes the concentration of cancer-causing agents in the urine and shortens the time in which they are in contact with bladder lining.